The Citizenry are the elite leaders and Fury Crafters of Alera. They are allowed to vote. The ranks of the Citizenry are as follows:
- Steadholder — The head of a steadholt. A provisional rank - a Steadholder is only considered a Citizen on his steadholt and looses the privileges when off it.
- Count/Countess — Presides over a small number of steadholts, their immediate lord.
- Lord/Lady — Rules a section of a High City's land.
- High Lord/Lady — De facto rulers of the High Cities and all land within their borders.
- First Lord/Lady — The leader of Alera, the First Lord is subject only to the wishes of the Senate and the laws of the Realm. Typically the single most powerful furycrafter in the Realm, the First Lord wields extraordinary power through the fury Gaius Sextus called “Alera.”
Entering the ranks of the CitizenaryEdit
There are 3 ways to become a Citizen:
- Serving a term as combat personnel in the Aleran Legions while distinguishing oneself.
- Defeat a Citizen in a duel for their Citizenship; similar to a Juris Macto.
- Being named a Steadholder, Count, or Lord.